Saturday, December 02, 2006

Thought from our folks: December 1, 2006

Denise –
What I totally agree with Denise’s presentation is that ‘we cannot teach properly if we don’t know ourselves.’ Needless to say about the diversity in today’s educational setting. If we don’t know who we are, we couldn’t understand others. I’m looking forward to learning more from what you are researching.

Brooks –
Brooks recapped the idea of instructional design (ADDIE) and talked about 2 existing ID models. I do agree with Brook’s conclusion that choosing ID model is not as important as paying attention to ADDIE itself. I like to think of ADDIE as a backbone of all these models.

Michiko –
The Aging theories is so fascinating, well, I’m not looking forward to subscribe the theories though. It’s just that these theories remind us about life; my own experience reaching the new checkbox makes me consider more on generative facet of life. The earlier we realized, the better we can prepare. And yes, it would be easy to feel disconnect to the community on your retirement. This might be the reason that I am not a fan of corporate workplace. Many people think that working in the corporate setting is safer than having your own business or being a freelance. The fact is that they just push the risk to the executive so that they can stay safe, get salary and switch off after work.
Another great point from Michiko’s presentation is using Maslow’s hierarchy of need to explain why Japanese elders are interested in learning the second language, and it’s the first time I hear about ‘blue-eyed grandson.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home