Tuesday, October 24, 2006

CSS controller for Firefox

I should have shared this resource to our class long ago as many of our folks are learning Macromedia and CSS. This firefox add-on, a css control, help you disable the CSS on the page and see how actual content work! You can even pick up different types of style to disable (inline or linked).
For others who don’t know what CSS is, I still recommend you to try installing this add-on, visiting some sites, and then turning CSS off. This way you’ll experience CSS-free website, and you might get some idea how powerful CSS is, and also how weird a page would look like without this styling standard. This might be some kind of backward learning :)

Here's the link https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/60/

2 Comments:

At October 24, 2006 9:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Vasa,

Wow, thanks for a great tool. I'd never thought about installing these types of developer tools before, but I decided to give this one a try. It's really quite useful! Also, I searched the site and found developing tools for other popular browsers. very nice! (on a side note - I couldn't get it installed on firefox 1.5, but it works fine on 2.0)

 
At November 02, 2006 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for mentioning this tool again, Vasa. I actually used this tool when I was rebuilding my website from scratch using a blending of XHTML and CSS. Its amazing that the difference a little styling from even a single style sheet can make.

As Michael mentioned, I was pleased to see the tool works in Firefox 2.0, given its release was just over a week ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home