Friday, October 27, 2006

Authentic, technical professional development 03.0

In search of web security know-how, I assume an identity of a PHP web programmer and found out that there’s not much information out there in a traditional setting (textbook or training session), especially that for open source advocates. Only book I found was ‘Essential PHP security’, this book covers all ranges of attacks and preventing techniques within less-than-hundred-page O’Reilly book. While reading the book, I found myself spend more time searching obscure terms, or more examples on the WWW. Chris Shiflett, the author, discusses each security issue within a few pages, gives sample script, sometimes without detailed explanation. Should I blame him? Well, as I jumped on the WWW and search more information, I realized that textbook, handbook, or any other printed materials are not the first choice for security issues. Actually, one should never count them in for studying current security issues.
All of us realized how fast Internet technologies grow (we just saw its diffusion graph in class), security issues grow at the same rate, in a more concealed fashion, at least to me. A month or two is not enough to gather all breaches and defensive tactics. I then decided to showcase some popular breaches pertaining to all of us, Web 2.0.
I hope this article give you insight what I am up to.

Reference:
Evers, J (2006, July 28). The security risk in Web 2.0. Retrieved October 26, 2006, from CNET News.com Web site: http://news.com.com/The+security+risk+in+Web+2.0/2100-1002_3-6099228.html

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home