Sunday, September 17, 2006

Authentic, technical professional development 01.0

I have been teaching web design and programming courses for almost 4 years. I also develop and administer a few websites. I was fortunate to getting started with html and notepad, then further studied web authoring and related tools, such as Dreamweaver, Photoshop, and Flash. After spending time designing and coding from scratch, I turned to CMS (mambo, phpnuke, and phpbb), and then LMS (moodle). Designing from pre-designed templates is a whole lot easier, and helps me focus on delivering content and managing the site.
However, I am also concerned with site maintenance and hope to look into this area someday. The reason I keep procrastinating is because, to me, these issues seem so broad and obscure.
Seeing myself in the future as a distance-learning director, I believe technical know-how is crucial.

My rough plan is to seek advice from professional webmaster, join developer community to gain more insight information, and find a book regarding maintenance and security.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home